What is Sage Remote Data Access & how do I to set it up?Nikki
Formerly known as Sage Drive – Sage remote access is a cloud service that lets you share your company accounts data securely. This means you and other users can access your company accounts data from anywhere: whether that’s at home, in the office, or on the move.
Do I need Sage Remote Data Access?
Not only does Sage Remote Data Access give better flexibility in an age of remote working, it’s also ideal for controlling access for outside users. Many companies work with third parties like accountants, to stay on top of yearly reporting obligations and payroll tasks. If this is the case, your accountant will also need occasional access to your Sage 50 Accounts software.
The benefits of Sage Remote Data Access include:
- Better collaboration
- Manage who has access to data more easily
- Access to data for remote workers
How to set up Sage Remote Data Access
Before you begin setting up Sage Remote Data Access, you’ll need to check that you meet the requirements below;
- Internet connection – We recommend all sites have a minimum of 4Mbps download speed and 2Mbps upload Speed. It’s also recommended you don’t use a wireless Internet connection. In Windows 10 you can run the Network Speed Test from the Start menu. Alternatively, check using an online site such as speedtest.net
- Version numbers – Check all computers have the same version number and the latest updatesare installed. You must be using Sage 50cloud Accounts v27 or above on all computers.
Back up your data
Before making any major changes to your Sage 50 Accounts software, we always recommend backing-up your software. A back up protects your data in the event that something goes wrong and your data is corrupted. Read our previous article here to find out how to protect your Sage data from corruption.
This article from Sage will help you back up your data.
Uploading your data
Once you’ve checked your requirements and backed-up your data, you’re ready to enable remote access. To do this you’ll need to follow the steps below
- Open Sage 50cloud Accounts and log in as MANAGER.
- Click Settings then click User Management and click Users.
- Click MANAGER then click Edit.
- If you’ve not yet connected your Sage account to this company, click Get started with Sage accountto set this up.
If this option doesn’t appear, your Sage account is already connected.
- Click the Allow Remote Data Access check-box then click Continue.
- Enter and confirm the passphrase to be used when remote users connect to your data, then click Save.
For more information on the passphrase, refer to the passphrase section below.
- If prompted, enter your Sage account Email and Password click Log in.
Your data will now upload to Remote Data Access.
- Once complete click Close.
You have now set up Remote Data Access.
For more information on enabling Remote Data Access within your Sage 50 Accounts software you can read to full article from Sage here.