The term “Softext Limited” or “Softext” “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is First Floor, Unit B Meltex House, Kepler, Lichfield Rd Industrial estate, Tamworth, B79 7XE. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website or the person responsible for payments in relation to a credit agreement.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
This section covers the products and services of Softext Limited
We have several product ranges with different terms and conditions. Please make sure that you read all the sections that apply to the products that you have purchased, or may purchase in the future.
General terms and conditions for all products and services
- Unless otherwise stated in writing or verbally prior to purchase, our payment terms are 30 days from the invoice date
- You may not continue to access or use any software or content supplied, in any format, if your account is overdue
- All intellectual property rights for all content and software supplied remain solely with the intellectual property owner – you are not buying any such rights, and may not transfer any such rights to a third party
- These terms and conditions may be modified by “exceptions and additions” that form part of a written quotation and/or invoice from us
- This agreement, together with any “additions” agreed in writing, constitutes the whole of the agreement, and is subject to the laws of England only
- Printed Training Manuals / Homes Study Courses
1.1. Customised printed course workbooks cannot be returned or refunded
1.2 During the first seven days after receiving your standard materials (no customisation to covers or content), you may cancel your order in writing and return the materials at your own expense. So long as we then receive the materials in good resalable condition, within 21 days of you receiving your materials, you will receive a refund of all amounts minus 25% handling/re stocking charge will be levied. We suggest using special or recorded delivery to ensure it is returned. Alternatively you can swap your course materials for a course of the same value.
1.3 You may not sell any printed or electronic versions of products containing any of our content except where the charge forms part of a training package supplied by your organisation.
1.4 Where you edit the course content in any way, by changing our content or adding your own content, we do not guarantee the accuracy or functionality of the amended content, and are not obliged to offer any after sales support for the amended content.
1.5 No part of the Softext Training manuals may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, or for any purpose, without the express prior written permission of the copyright holder.
- All forms of software
Unless otherwise stated in writing, software provided may only be installed on computers owned by the purchaser or by employees of the purchaser for use in connection with the business of the purchase.
- Software Returns & licence only upgrades
3.1 Software can be returned and downloads reimbursed within 30 days of the date of purchase (this period begins on the date you actually place your order) provided:-
3.2 It is in its original condition i.e. unopened;
3.3 The software has not been installed. If it has, we may ask you to complete and submit a certificate confirming un-installation. We may request remote access to uninstall the software.
3.4 You have not obtained an activation key from us. If you have, a refund will only be considered after the completion and submission of a certificate confirming un-installation and internal consideration by a member of Sage’s/Act Customer Experience Team.
3.5 Products are under no circumstances sold on a sale or return basis. Should you wish to return a product (at your own expense) and the Company at its absolute discretion may agree to such, a 20% handling charge plus VAT will be levied. Such products must still be in the original packaging, unopened. the relevant credit and refund will be raised within 30 days.
- All forms of Microsoft editable course content including content supplied with CourseCreator
4.1 Unless otherwise stated in writing prior to purchase, you may create, print and distribute courses containing our content, for an unlimited time period and in unlimited quantities, for use in the training of employees of your organisation and for students participating in training courses conducted by your organisation
4.2 You must include the following copyright notice on all materials that you create and distribute in any format, printed or electronic, that contain any part of our content: “Original materials © TIME2STUDY PUBLICATIONS LIMITED. All rights reserved.”
4.3 You may not sell any printed or electronic versions of products containing any of our content except where the charge forms part of a training package supplied by your organisation in accordance with 11. above
4.4 Where you edit the course content in any way, by changing our content or adding your own content, we do not guarantee the accuracy or functionality of the amended content, and are not obliged to offer any after sales support for the amended content
- All forms of software including CourseCreator, QuickCreate, QuickCreatePro and SuperHelp
5.1 Unless otherwise stated in writing, software provided may only be installed on computers owned by the purchaser or by employees of the purchaser for use in connection with the business of the purchaser
5.2 CourseCreator and SuperHelp may be installed and run from a web server, but must be password protected to limit access only to users covered in above
- Supply of Training Services
6.1 The Supplier shall provide the training specified in the Service Specification to such number of the employees of the Customer and in such manner as are specified in the Order.
6.2 Where the training is being provided remotely the Customer must comply with the terms of the Supplier’s website terms and conditions and website acceptable use policy.
6.3 Where the training is being provided at the Customer’s premises the Customer is responsible for ensuring that:(a) Payment is made at earliest convienience to reserve the date and trainer who will be delivering the training.
(b) a suitable room is made available in which the training can be conducted in a safe environment;
(c) there is sufficient equipment for the number of the Customer’s employees undertaking the training;
(d) there is a working internet connection; and
(e) there are suitable refreshments available.
6.4 The Supplier shall not be liable for any late start to the training as a result of delays on public transportation networks or as a result of adverse weather.
6.5 Cancellation & Rescheduling Charges Please note that all bookings for training are accepted on the basis that the following charges will apply to cancellations or requests for rescheduling.In the event of non-attendance where payment in full has been received, there will be no refund. In the event of non-attendance where payment in full has not been received payment will remain due and payable.The agreed training date can be rescheduled or cancelled free of charge within 24 hours of the time of agreement, if no payment has been made. After 24 hours has elapsed, charges apply as follows:(a) Cancellation Number of days before the scheduled date Charges applied
Days Charges 29 days or more 10% of the course fee 15 – 28 days 25% of the course fee 8 – 14 days 50% of the course fee Less than 7 days 100% of the course fee Days Charges 28 days or more No Charge 14 – 27 days £95+VAT Less than 14 days £195+VAT, and £195+VAT per day for onsite
- Printed Training Manuals / Homes Study Courses
Although we will make every effort to help you understand our products, we make no guarantees whatsoever as to the actual suitability of any of our products or services to match your needs