We are committed to protecting your privacy online. Our policy explains how we will do this.
What information do we collect?
We collect names, email, addresses and telephone numbers. We use these details to contact you on matters relating to your order or enquiry.
We may collect data through the following channels:
- Website Contact and information request forms
- Orders placed on our website
- Telephone calls
- Email correspondence
- An other form of communication you send us
All personal information is held securely in our Database. You are welcome to request the information that we hold free of charge, but this must be done on an individual basis. We WILL NOT disclose any information to anyone until they have verified their identity, and that the identity relates directly to the information requested.
Rights of individuals
Individuals have a number of rights in relation to the information that we hold about them. These rights include:
- The right to access information we hold about them and to obtain information about how we process it.
- In some circumstances, the right to withdraw their consent to our processing of their information, which they can do at any time. We may continue to process their information if we have another legitimate reason for doing so (for example, if they’re currently have a support or other contract with us).
- The right to request that we rectify their information if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- In some circumstances, the right to request that we erase their information. We may continue to retain their information if we’re entitled or required to retain it.
- The right to object to, and to request that we restrict our processing of their information in some circumstances. Again, there may be situations where individuals object to, or ask us to restrict our processing of their information, but we’re entitled to continue processing their information and/or to refuse that request.
You can read more about these rights here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving us as much detail as possible and we will be happy to engage with you.
If we refuse any request, we will explain our reasons. If you do not agree with our decision you have the right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy.
What we need from you
You’re responsible for making sure the information you give us, information which is provided by individuals connected to you or your business, or information which is otherwise provided on your behalf is accurate and up to date, and you must tell us if anything changes as soon as possible.
When do we share information?
We do not sell or share your personal information to others. We do not even ask if you mind us doing it because we just do not do it at all.
Some of our products are hosted or ordered through third parties but we agree with those third parties that they will keep your information secure and not use it for other purposes.
Depending on the product or service you order it might be necessary to share at least some of your information with one or more of the following companies/organisations in order to process your order:
- Sage (UK) Ltd
- Swiftpage Ltd
- SagePay – Online Payment Gateway
- PayPal – Online Payment Gateway
- Top Print/Royal Mail/Parcel Force – Training Manual delivery
If we believe that your use of the site is unlawful or damaging to others, we reserve the right to disclose the information we have obtained through the site about you to the extent that it is reasonably necessary in our opinion to prevent, remedy or take action in relation to such conduct.
We may from time to time send marketing e-mails to existing customers; these e-mails will relate to current products or services that we feel would be appropriate. You are free to unsubscribe from these e-mails at any time by using the link at the footer of the email.
Additionally, we may still send you important messages in order to notify you of product issues and updates, such as for the renewal of existing subscription or support contracts, to resolve specific questions or requests made by you via phone, email, or the Web.
All personal and credit card information is encoded using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology before being sent over the Internet. To protect your data further, your credit card information is always stored in encrypted form in a database that is away from our Web site database, so it isn’t connected to the Internet. Credit card transactions are issued a digital certificate, ensuring that your data can only be read by our transaction system as long as your browser shows its secure mode symbol (such as a key or closed lock).
Copyright and Trade Marks
All materials on this web site are the copyright of Softext Limited or are reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. All rights are reserved. The materials on this web site may be retrieved and used for personal use. No materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of Softext limited.
Links to other web sites are provided by Softext limited in good faith and for information only. Softext limited disclaims any responsibility for the materials contained in any web site linked to this site. This policy will no longer apply when leaving our site so we encourage you to read theirs.
How do we use your information?
We use the information to help us understand more about how our web site is used, pages that get visited etc. Its information we use to help improve our site.
Softext Contact Information
You can contact Softext by calling – 0121 323 2304 or emailing at email@example.com
71 Hill Village Road
If you would like further information about data protection, GDPR and your rights please visit Information commissioners site at www.ico.org.uk