Duplicate transactions in Sage 50 AccountsNikki
How do I delete duplicate transactions in Sage 50 Accounts? is one of the most frequently asked questions during our Sage 50 Accounts training sessions. In this article we explain how duplicate transactions occur and the steps you’ll need to take to remove them.
What are duplicate transactions and how do they affect your Sage 50 Accounts data
Duplicate transactions most commonly occur when you are importing transactions in your Sage 50 Accounts software in bulk, or batch entering them.
Duplicate transactions can throw your accounts data out of balance and make it difficult to continue with your accounts because the data is incorrect. Once you’ve spotted a duplicate transaction it’s best to remove it from your Sage 50 software as soon as possible to avoid further confusion.
How to check for duplicate transactions in Sage 50 Accounts
The first step is to check your audit trail for duplicate transactions in Sage 50 Accounts, you can do this by following the steps below.
- Click Transactions, then click Accounts audit.
- Select the Identify possible duplicate transactions check box then click OK.
- Enter the date range you want to check then click OK.
Once you’ve done this the Accounts Audit window will pop up and display any possible duplicate transactions. It does this by highlighting transactions that have the same transaction type, details, account, nominal code, date, reference, net amount, and tax amount.
From this window you can explore these transactions to determine if they are duplicates or not.
Deleting Duplicate Transactions in Sage 50 Accounts
It’s easy to delete duplications in your Sage 50 Accounts software.
- Select the transaction you wish to delete
- Click ‘Delete’ then click ‘yes’. If the transaction is VAT reconciled a message will appear asking if you want to reverse this transaction – click ‘yes’.
- A message will also appear to warn you if the transaction is bank reconciled. If you wish to re-enter the transaction you will also need to bank reconcile it again as a new transaction.
Having trouble deleting a transaction?
Some transactions are restricted and cannot be deleted. For example, automatic transactions, older journal entries, or VAT reconciled transactions cannot be deleted only reversed.
Sage 50 Accounts Training from Softext
For help better understanding and using your Sage 50 Accounts software take advantage of one of the many training courses on offer from Softext. We provide training manuals that are used in Colleges and Universities across the UK, face-to-face training sessions, and online training sessions or courses. There’s an option to suit every budget and learning style.