Why choose Softext as your Sage 50 Accounts supplier?
- Sage Platinum Partner – We are a Sage Platinum Business Partner supplying Sage 50 Accounts, Sage 50 Payroll, and Act! CRM software across the UK for over 10 years
- Happy Customers – We’re very proud of the reviews we receive on Trustpilot
- Customer service – You’ll always speak to a real person when you call us during office hours – no hold times and no automated answering systems.
- Professional Services – Our other services include providing and implementing software, consultation, support, and training.
- Expertise – Our trainers and Support team have completed full training programmes on Sage 50 Accounts
- We are a leading producer of Sage training materials that are used by individuals, companies, training providers, colleges and universities throughout the UK.
Sage 50 Accounts – the complete accounts solution
Sage 50 provides the best of desktop and cloud combined.
Imagine having the freedom to control your business wherever you are. Meet Sage 50, seamlessly combining the power and productivity of our trusted desktop solution with secure online access and Office 365 integration.
- More freedom to work how, where, and when you want
- More control over your business to make smarter, faster decisions
- More productivity so you can get more done in less time
Only available on subscription. Pay for your software on a monthly basis to improve your cash flow and you will always include software version upgrades ensuring you are always on the latest version benefiting from feature improvements so you will never have to worry about upgrade costs.
Manage Your Business
With Sage 50 Accounts you can save time and money with our fast, automated processes such as automatic back-ups. We simplify timely manual tasks so that you can spend more time growing your business.
Schedule automatic backs-ups to the cloud; rest assured your data is safe and secure without having to raise a finger.
Create bespoke reports to suit your needs with our easy-to-use report designer
Manage your stock levels with Sage 50 Accounts, set up automatic reminders to reorder when lines are low
Support when you need it with our wide selection of easy-to-follow guides and videos
Benefit from always being on the latest version of Sage 50 Accounts with free upgrades to the newest version
Manage Your Finances
With Sage 50 Accounts you’ll have an accurate insight in to how your business is performing at all times. By having confidence in your accounts you can spend less time crunching numbers and more time focusing on the future success of your business.
Keep on top of your cash flow by easily identifying who owes you money and who you owe money to
Save time with advanced reports to analyse your profit and loss, showing you at the blink of an eye the areas where you are making and losing money
Analyse your individual departments performance against the budget, adjust budgets and make precise business decisions based on real insights
Sage 50 Accounts takes the worry out of calculating VAT and gives you the confidence that you’re complying with the latest VAT legislations
Manage Customers And Suppliers
Everything you need to manage your customers, suppliers, products and services in one place. With an easy to use navigation and customisable header bar.
Create & find customer contact details quickly and easily
View outstanding customer payments and take the hassle out of chasing debts with our range of customisable letters & emails
Create professional invoices, quotes and statements. Choose from our selection of existing formats, or easily customise with your own logo
Manage your suppliers and purchases, quickly see any monies outstanding and pay suppliers on time
Remote Data Access (formely Sage Drive) Live Access To Your Data
Remote data access gives your business the flexibility and freedom to access your accounts remotely. Whether you’re on the train and need to check a customer’s balance or spending the day invoicing from home, we’ve got you covered.
An integrated part of your Sage 50cloud Accounts which enables your data to be stored in the cloud
All the dependability of desktop software with the additional benefits of online sharing
No more waiting for your accountant to receive backups, with Remote Data Access they have instant access to your accounts from anywhere in the world
Multiple users can work in your accounts software at the same time and see any changes made in real time
*charges may apply
Constant improvements and technical support
- Get unlimited access to the latest improvements and product updates
- Find answers to your questions fast via email, webchat, online webinars, and a rich online library of technical how-to-guides
- Call our support team and get more from your software
- Give our technical experts access to your system so they can demonstrate features and fix problems remotely**
As well as the software we can also offer training, installation and add ons for all Sage 50 products. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Up to 2
- 1 Company
- Up to 2
Your Support Options
|Standard Support||Premium Support|
|Product improvements & legislation updates|
Online, Webchat & Email support
Phone support (9am – 5pm Mon-Fri)
Unlimited remote support
Unlimited phone support
Business community & support portal
|Includes Standard Support +|
Pre-Book support time
1 Working day data services
Annual software health check
2x Reports designed
Data Import (customers, suppliers, nominals)
Discounts on training
As well as the software we can supply a range of additional products and services: (additional charges apply)
Training: Delivered in a way to suit you. Training manuals, online/distance learning courses, Remote and Onsite available.
Installation: we can install and set up the software for you.
Add ons: We have access to a wide range of Sage add ons helping you get more out of your software.
Contact us for more details
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM if running a 64-bit operating system)
- 2GHz processor or higher
- 5GB of free disk space
- 1Gbps network (100mbps minimum)
- Screen resolution between 1024 x 768 and 1920 x 1080 – this applies to 4k and hi-res monitors
- Maximum DPI setting of 125%
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 11 (except Windows 11S)
- Windows 10 (build 1709 or later)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2022 (except Windows Server 2022 Essentials)
- Windows Server 2019 (except Windows Server 2019 Essentials)
- Windows Server 2016 (except Windows Server 2016 Essentials)
- Windows Server 2012 (except Windows Server 2012 Essentials)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (except Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials)
You must also ensure you install all the latest Microsoft service packs and updates available.
Other Operating Systems
Sage Accounts is not tested in these virtual environments, for example, Hyper-V servers. We therefore can’t guarantee Sage Accounts will install and work correctly in these environments.
Sage 50 Accounts must be installed on a Windows operating system, if you use an Apple Mac, don’t worry, you can use Bootcamp to install Windows, and then Sage Accounts.
It’s not possible to store Sage 50 Accounts data on non Windows operating systems, this is because you have to install the data service to access the data. Similarly data cannot be stored on OneDrive.
Some features of Sage 50 Accounts interact with, and require an installation of, Microsoft Office, for example: emailing invoices and reports or exporting reports to Excel.
Sage 50 Accounts v28 is compatible with the following:
- Office 64-bit versions – You can use send to Microsoft Excel feature and you can also run Excel ODBC queries. Other features aren’t compatible.
- Microsoft 365 32-bit – desktop version only
- Office 2019 32-bit edition – Sage 50 Accounts v25.1 and above
- Office 2016 32-bit edition
- Office 2013 32-bit edition
A broadband Internet connection is essential to keep your Sage software up to date, and to take full advantage of features such as Remote Data Access and synchronising data with Microsoft 365.
- Recommended minimum download speed: 4Mbps
- Recommended minimum upload speed: 2Mbps
Important Licence Agreement
Use of this product is covered by a licence agreement which is available in the software.
For detailed system requirements please see following link – Sage 50 System Requirements