Softext Partners with Tamworth Charity, Number Eight
Softext Ltd is pleased to announce that we have partnered with local charity Number Eight Tamworth to offer IT support and marketing services. Number Eight is a registered charity that provides supportive accommodation for young mothers and their babies, as well as expectant mothers within the Tamworth area. The charity works to provide a nurturing and safe environment for these young mothers and their children, teaching the essentials of caring for themselves and their babies.
Support from the charity includes:
- Training in the essentials of caring for the newborn.
- Training in looking after themselves.
- Training in the setting up of a first home.
- Training in basic housekeeping including some cooking/baking.
- Provision of welfare and financial advice here necessary.
- Practical and emotional support.
- Help to enable them to pick up any lost education and move on to college or employment.
- Help to source ongoing accommodation and to furnish it.
- Healthy relationships.
Number Eight currently operates two residential properties with plans to buy a third through fundraising and crowdfunding. The charity is also launching a town centre shop on 1st February 2020, with all proceeds going towards the vital services it offers to young mothers.
The service offered by the charity is vital in changing the lives of teenage and young mothers from difficult backgrounds. Often they face the prospect of homelessness or their child going into care were it not for the help and support from the charity.
If you would like to help Number Eight to continue to help young parents achieve security for life you can donate through their JustGiving page here.