Your Sage Training ChecklistNikki
If you’ve decided to invest in Sage Accounts software training you’re already aware of the benefits it will bring to your business. But, do you know how to properly prepare for your training course?
Below is a handy checklist to help you get ready for your session, as well as some tips on what to look out for from a training provider.
Your Sage software training checklist
Before you begin your Sage training, it’s important to define your objectives to maximise the value of the session. For example, you might want to boost your confidence when using the software with a general overview of the whole package. Or, you might want to learn how to use a specific feature or add-on. Whatever your objective, being able to clearly define it with your trainer will improve your training experience.
Here are some ideas to help you prepare for your Sage training session:
- Who needs to be there? Decide who will be in the training session and make sure they are there at the right time, with the right software access and equipment.
- Make sure everything that needs to be downloaded or installed has been done before the training session. If not, this can eat into your training time and cause delays or confusion.
- Avoid multitasking by arranging appropriate cover for the staff members in training. Getting called away to deal with phone calls and other tasks can be disruptive to a training session and make it hard to take in the right information.
- Do you have enough space to fit everybody in comfortably? You’ll also need to ensure that everybody can see the screen being used for training.
- Prepare as many questions as you can to get in-depth advice and training in every area that is important to you.
- Take lots of notes and share them among team members, especially those not taking part in the training session. This keeps everybody on the same page, and using the same processes.
- Put your training into practice! Once the session is finished you need to have an implementation plan to begin using the lessons you’ve been taught.
What to look for from a Sage training provider
When searching for the right software training provider, there are a few key things to look out for. Here is our quick check list for choosing the right training provider:
- Check the trainer’s credentials. Is your trainer qualified in Sage Accounts software, and do they use it themselves? You can ask to see their qualifications or certifications if you’re unsure.
- Does the training encompass the entire software package? If you intend to use bespoke modules or add-ons, make sure you mention this when you book your training session.
- Does the provider have reviews and feedback from other customers? This will give you a realistic idea of what to expect from your training session.
- Is the training tailored to meet your needs? No two businesses or employees are the same, so the more tailored the session the better value it is.
- What level of support do you get after the training has finished? Are there any resources for you to refer back to? Is phone and email support available once the training ends?
- Does the training provider deliver sessions remotely as well as on site? This is more important than ever with more teams now working from home.
If you’re not sure what type of training session is suitable for your team, give us a call on 0121 323 2304 and we’ll talk you through our options.