Sage Purchase Order Control
Have more control over your purchase orders in Sage 50
Purchase Order Control add-on allows you to set up an authorisation process to maintain control over your purchase orders.
Key benefits of the Purchase Order Control:
- Having greater control over budgeting by assigning spending limits and automatically generating authorisation emails that require approval.
- Having an audit trail of who has raised POs.
- Restricting user access to Sage 50 Accounts and protecting the integrity of your data.
- Saving you money by reducing the number of users you need in Sage 50 Accounts
Increase control over your purchase orders
Keep control over your Purchase Orders (PO) with the Purchase Order Control add on for Sage 50 Accounts.
The Purchase Order Control add on will alert you via email once a PO has been raised that needs authorisation. You’ll then be able to reject or approve the PO which will not be processed until the authoriser has granted permission.
Benefits of the Purchase Order Control include:
- Greater control over budgeting with spending limits and authorisation processes.
- A clear audit trail for all Purchase Orders raised.
- Restricted user access to Sage 50 Accounts to protect the integrity of your data.
- Save money on extra Sage licenses by reducing the number of users required.
Create different hierarchies within your teams and users, so that different levels of authorisation can be applied. This means you can set authorisers within teams, and if there is no authoriser assigned for a team, the PO can be escalated until there is somebody authorised approve it.
Spending Limits and Budgets
Keep an eye on your spending by creating individual spending limits and budgets for users and teams, as well as overall budgets.
Keep control of how Purchase Orders are used by applying restrictions to nominal codes, supplier codes, departments, products, funds and cost codes for individual users or apply to a group policy.
Auto-send to supplier
Purchase Order Controller will automatically email the supplier once the PO has been approved, so there are no delays.
POC removes the risk of losing documents and chasing paper with its all-electronic processes. All requests and approvals are done via email.
No Additional Sage Licenses Required
To use POC you don’t need extra Sage users, for example you can have 50 POC users with only 2 Sage users.
With a web application, you can access all POC desktop features online.
The POC is compatible with Sage 50cloud & Sage 50 Accounts (Essentials, Standard, Plus and Professional) v20 (2014) and above.
Supported operating systems
All 32-bit or 64-bit variants of the following operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM if running a 64-bit operating system)
- 2GHz processor or higher
- 5GB of free disk space
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is required
A broadband Internet connection with a minimum download speed of 2mbps is essential to keep your Sage software up to date, and to take full advantage of its features.
- Recommended download speed: 4Mbps or higher
- Recommended upload speed: 2Mbps or higher
To send emails, you will need an SMTP server (e.g. Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, etc.) available.
Our add-ons work with Sage 50 Accounts and Sage 50cloud Accounts. However, there are certain situations where Sage Drive can cause discrepancies, so for that reason we do not recommend using our products if you are using Sage Drive. For further information please contact us.