- System Requirements
Act! Pro V20 Software
Act! pro helps organize all your prospect and customer details in one place and market your products and services more effectively, driving sales results while creating customers for life.
With Act! v20 as your business ‘command center,’ you can:
- Quickly tap into all relationship details, both in the office and on popular mobile devices(1)
- Efficiently manage your calendar; track calls, meetings, and to-dos; and kick off automated tasks to increase productivity
- Seamlessly interact with the business and social tools you rely on every day, like Office, Outlook®, Google™ and LinkedIn®
- Leverage integrated emarketing services to take the guesswork out of when, where, and how to engage with prospects and customers
- See graphical representations of performance with actionable dashboards
Know every details about your contacts and customers
Act! keeps all the details of your business relationships in a single, organized view, so you’re informed and prepared for every interaction.
Keep contact info and associated notes, history, activities, documents, opportunities, and social media updates in one organized place.
Access contact and calendar details from your iPhone®, iPad®, BlackBerry®, or Android™ device with Handheld Contact.(1)
Make the most of your work day
Act! helps you maximize your time and work smarter to accomplish more.
- Efficiently manage your calendar and track calls, meetings, and to-dos – all tied to your contacts
- Quickly capture impromptu notes and personal tasks with Act! Scratchpad, a convenient virtual notepad
- Automate best practice processes to move opportunities through the sales cycle and free up valuable time
- Track sales opportunity information including products and services, associated activities, and probability of close
- See graphical representations of performance with actionable dashboards, or run one of 40+ pre-built reports
Interact seamlessly with the tools you rely on every day
Seamlessly interact with the business and social tools you rely on – like Office, Outlook®, Google™, Facebook®, and LinkedIn® – conveniently, right from within Act!.
- Write an Outlook® email from within Act! and a history item is automatically recorded on the associated contact record
- Sync your Act! contacts and calendar with Outlook® and Google™, then easily access from either application
- Build rich profiles and gain valuable customer insights via seamless integration with Facebook® and LinkedIn®
- Export data to Excel® with one click for additional analysis and insights
Go mobile and stay connected to your business, wherever you are
Handheld Contact(1) makes it easy to be productive, wherever you are, because Handheld Contact turns your smartphone or tablet into a virtual office.
- Access Act! contact details and calendar on popular devices including iPhone®, iPad®, BlackBerry®, Android™, and Windows Mobile®
- View standard and custom Act! data from your mobile device to be informed and prepared for every customer interaction
- Whenever you call, e-mail, or text message a contact, Handheld Contact automatically creates an Act! history record for you and asks for details
Leverage emarketing services to generate buzz and drive new business
Integrated emarketing services within Act! help take the guesswork out of when, where, and how to engage with prospects and customers.
- Easily segment your prospects and customers, then design, send, and track professional, eye-catching email campaigns that reach the right customers with the right message
- Intelligent call lists automatically recommend hot leads to follow up with to generate new sales
- Further extend your marketing reach to LinkedIn®, Facebook®, and Twitter® using social sharing features
- Pay as you go with affordable monthly subscription plans designed for every need
Services we can provide
- FREE online demo and consultation
- Customise database for Contact, Companies and Group layouts*
- Design Email, Word templates and reports to use*
- Import data (contacts, companies & groups)*
- Onsite installation and Training*
*Additional costs apply
1 Mobile requires additional subscription to Handheld Contact for Act! Pro users.
Act! Pro v20 System Requirements
All minimum system requirements are based on a single-user environment (one computer accessing a local database). In a shared environment Act! Pro is designed to work with up to 10 users. Customer registration and activation are required. Your system must meet the minimum requirements to be eligible for technical support.
4 GB available hard disk space (2)
(1280×768) or higher resolution monitor
Broadband Internet connection
2 GB system memory, 4GB for 64 bit OS
1.8 GHz processor
Network Interface Card
Microsft Update Service must be current and working
Microsoft® Office 2013 and 2016 (Latest Service Packs Recommended)
Internet Mail SMTP/POP (3)
Supported Operating Systems
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) (5)
Windows Server 2011 SBS (64-bit) (6)
Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2016 (64-bit)
Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 8.1 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 8.1 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Act! Pro uses SQL Server® 2014 Express or your existing installation of SQL Server 2008 R2 or newer (7). If you would like to use a different edition of SQL Server other than the one provided, please consult Microsoft documentation for specific requirements for that edition.
1. Higher specification PCs and networks will improve performance, and may be recommended for certain Operating System choices. Consult Microsoft documentation for more details.
2. Additional disk space may be required as local database size increases.
3. SSL Secured Mail Services are not supported.
4. Anti-Virus products are recommended but should be disabled during install and re-enabled afterwards. As with any Anti-Virus product, some configuration may be required for Act! to perform properly.
5. Server Core installations of Windows Server 2008 R2 are not supported.
6. Only for supported for upgrades, not new/clean installations of Act!.
30 Days Softext Support – Telephone, email and remote support available 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Act Care Support – 12 Months Support: Our experts can quickly and easily decode your password should the need arise. Telephone support available 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Email experts and receive answer within 48 working hrs. Web Chat. Access an online library of FAQs as well as general business queries.
ACT Training day
Rob came to our office to deliver in-house training on getting the most from ACT as our database, task manager, and email marketing platform. He delivered excellent training in a friendly manner at the right level. He covered all the areas we asked him to, plus lots more we didn't even know about. The team have been busy implementing the learning today and already gaining much better use from ACT. Massive Thanks to Rob at Softex, we would definitely recommend your services to anyone wanting to get the most out of their ACT database.
I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude with all of the assistance provided to us in the installation of Act! I know we have had some teething problems primarily with the technical aspects but, personally, I am totally confident that the system will completely fulfil our needs and I think we now have a solid base from which to start actively exploiting the system.
From my first contact with Softext I have been extremely impressed with your professionalism and approach to customer service. Of course Rob has been an absolute star and I know we would not be where we are today without your amazing support, Rob!
Thank you once again, I am extremely grateful.
Personal and Professional
I have used many support companies over the years and nothing has compared to the extraordinary quality of experience I have with Softext. The most important element for me is that the staff take ownership of any issue I give them, it is not simply left if the first attempt at resolution fails.
Working with many different companies, with a wide range of user competence and hardware restrictions, makes software issues complicated to deal with, but deal they do. Rob has consistently solved every problem I have had, given me tips to help with customising Act, and advice on managing our systems. The support is personal, friendly and accurate, I cannot recommend Softext more highly.
Rob spent half a day training our members of staff how to use ACT! which Softext Ltd had previously customised for us. Rob was very professional and our guys were very receptive and happy with the training provided. I would definitely recommend Softext Ltd in the future to our clients.
Excellent Service !!
Just thought I needed to drop a review down for these guys at Softext.
They're really helpful. Rob is really patient and nothing is too much trouble for any of them.
The delivery of my sage product had unexpectedly arrived the next morning!
Overall really pleased with their service and feel like I can ask their advice at any time.
Thanks very much to Rob and Richard for all there help and support getting my business up and running with this unique ACT PREMIUM software, they have been there every step of the way, this company and this software work extremely well together, it has has far exceeded my expectations with easy to use facilities and I'm so glad i could upload my 151,000 contact database with just a couple of clicks with the guidance for these guys. Will be highly recommending.
"Just bought ACT! Pro from Softext. We have been using ACT! since buying a DOS version in 1992, moving through the various owners of the ACT! product and versions since then. Sometimes easy, sometimes not so easy. However a very pleasant purchasing experience through Richard, an easy installation and data migration, and up and running again one hour after purchase. Well done Softext!"